Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Greensboro, Here We Come

The time is rapidly approaching for us to pack our bags and hit the road (or fly off into the wild blue yonder) for Greensboro. Next week promises to be a busy time for those of us who are Younger Leaders and/or SBC bloggers. They like to start these things early in the morning and keep going until late in the evening. For some of you, the late evenings could be an issue (especially Monday night); personally, I've always had problems with the early starts. If you need a full 8 hours of sleep every night, you may be in trouble. They also don't believe in giving you enough time for meals. In addition, we've got to squeeze in time for executing our coup d'etat against the leadership of the SBC. (NOTE: If anyone from the SBC leadership establishment is reading this, that last statement was a JOKE. If we were planning a coup, do you think we would be announcing it ahead of time?)

In the midst of all of the official activity, many of us have expressed an interest in getting together for fellowship, prayer, and networking. Those of you who are attending as part of a group may have greater difficulty arranging such times than those of us traveling solo, so some sort of strategic planning may be necessary. Of course, there is the official time provided after the Younger Leaders' Meeting (or whatever they're calling it now) on Monday night. Or if you would like to make some advance plans for when/where to meet, you can post a comment to that effect. You can also send me an email with your cell phone number, and I'll do the same. I'm supposed to have a mini-suite out near the airport, so if anyone would be interested in getting together after hours for fellowship and/or prayer, I'm willing to open up my room.

Regarding the actual convention itself, how does what you would like to see happen in Greensboro compare with what you expect will happen in Greensboro?

5 comments:

Wes Kenney said...

I'd be happy to make my mini-suite available as well. I'll be at the AmeriSuites on Wendover two miles from the Coliseum, checking in Sunday afternoon.

My cell phone number is (580)..no, not really. Email me at wes.kenney.tbc@hotmail.com. ;-)

Anonymous said...

You know, from the sound of things, a whole lot of bloggers are going to be at the Mohler/Patterson debate...err..discussion on Monday morning. Hopefully I'll see a lot of you there!

Kevin said...

I've emailed about 20 questions at the Pastor's Conference site for the Mohler Patterson ...discussion.

Questions 17-20. Dr. Patterson, is there a difference between 5 point calvinism and hyper-calvinism? Do you believe that Tom Ascol is a hyper-calvinist? Do you think the term hyper-calvinist is a bit overused in the SBC? Can you name a pastor in the SBC who you believe is a hyper-calvinist?

Dr. Mohler, have you heard preaching that is unethical in the representation of Calvinism? What are the most commonly used straw men when a preacher attacks calvinism from the pulpit?

Kevin Bussey said...

I'll be @ the $46 a night Suburban Extended Stay! I'll be there about 9:00 PM.

I expect to get into it with FRED PHELPS. That should be fun. I expect to have fun meeting all of you who I have been blogging with.

Reality>>>> ?

I look forward to meeting you!

David Phillips said...

I'm staying at the Residence Inn about 1.5 miles from the convention center. Supposedly, I've got a full kitchen. I'll be there Saturday afternoon. Email me with your cell phone number and I'll get in touch with you.